Saturday, October 1, 2011

October 1, 2011


Here's the homework board for the week. Everything is moving along. Cultural Fair has had several of its parts come due, so please make sure your student is staying on top of it.

Reminder about parent teacher conferences coming up this Wednesday and Thursday. I did have a few people change times into the open spots. Thank you for your flexibility. If you've forgotten your time or need to reschedule, please talk to me.

We have completed our Second Unit in this new Math Common Core. I feel really well about how the students did on this test. The majority of our scores were in the 80s and 90s. Congratulation kiddos! I know we've worked hard to get to that point.

I plan on continuing the at-home reading of our Basil Reading stories, however, with the shortened week this week we will not be doing one, so we'll have a break this week. Expect to have another note to sign the following week.

Beyond that, there isn't much to say. We've gotten our scripts for the play, so its coming along. I'll let you know when I've got a more firm date on performances, but we're looking sometime just before we go on Thanksgiving break in November.

I'll end by saying thank you to you parents. Teaching is a hard profession, but dealing with your kids is why I do it, and having parental support like I do from you makes it that much easier. Thanks!

"Hem your blessings with thankfulness so they don't unravel." ~ Unknown

No comments:

Post a Comment