Saturday, November 13, 2010

November 13, 2010

Hey all! This has been one long week! From the sad way it started, to our monologue assembly, to the Veterans Day assembly, there's just been so much going on that it's been hard for me to keep up. First off, and this will be all I mention the subject, our hearts go out to the Nelson family. I couldn't even imagine what they're going through. I just hope they can find the strength from somewhere to get themselves through it.

Our "photo" this week wasn't going to be a photo, but rather, it was going to be a copy of our monologue assembly this past week, but blogspot doesn't seem to want the video to upload. I will, however, have DVD copies of this available. I'll be sending a note home on it, hopefully Monday if I can get it ready, allowing you to purchase a copy. It'd be the DVD, with a nice label, and slim case. All I'm asking is $3 to cover my supplies.

This week at a glance: They've begun the nonfiction theme in reading beginning with Stone Age News. In math we've been dealing a lot with fractions, decimals, percents and ratios and will continue into that next week. I believe we also get into circles this week as well. My big announcement for the week however, will be the parts for our play. Now, I hope the students will understand that not everybody got the part they wanted to get, so I'm sure there will be some disappointments, but I did the best I could to get people what they wanted, while still filling parts with appropriate people. Without further adieu, here is the list for what will be our production of "Little Red Riding Hood":

  • Storyteller A1 - Kristin
  • Storyteller B1 - Kendyl
  • Storyteller A2 - Aubrey
  • Storyteller B2 - Kaila
  • Mrs. Riding Hood - Anna
  • Little Red - Hailey
  • Townsperson - Haylee
  • Townsperson - Causley
  • Townsperson - Brock
  • Townsperson - Conner
  • Flower - Sarai
  • Flower - Kassie
  • Flower - Madison
  • Flower - Brooke
  • Squirrel - Brenda
  • Squirrel - Braydon
  • Squirrel - Tyler
  • Squirrel - Josh
  • Wolf - Duncan
  • Granny - Sami
  • Woodsman - Coty
  • Junior Tracker - Mehkai
  • Junior Tracker - Jake
  • Technical - Payton
  • Technical - Jayden
  • Technical - Kaden

I still have yet to actually set a date for the performance. Practice time has been so scarce that, unfortunately for the other classes, this will probably be the only 6th grade production of the year. I'm thinking it will probably be January time frame that the production is put on, but like I said, nothing is set in stone yet.

With that, we'll move into the next week, hoping with all we have that it's better than last. This week, it was events completely out of our control that threw the week off. I believe this next week should slow down a little, allowing us to have a good, relaxing, week that's full of learning. That's the goal at least!

Our greatest glory is not in never failing, but in rising every time we fall. ~ Confucius

No comments:

Post a Comment