Saturday, November 7, 2009

October 26 - November 6

At long last, I'm hoping things have settled down. Reports cards went out on Monday and our long awaited play was performed Thursday. Having that pass lifted what seemed like the world off of my shoulders. I can't express in words though how proud I am of your kids. The hooting, hollering, and cheering of the audience during the curtain call of our performance told me that those kids had achieved what we'd been working all term for. Being backstage running the sound, it was hard for me to tell exactly how the performce looked from the outsiders point of view. That same night, though, I watched the DVD I made of the performance, and I tell you what, I was almost in tears watching the show. I am so proud of them for how well they performed the show. Our picture this week is certainly a great tribute to them for how hard they worked on the performance:


I should be sending home a note on Monday offering sales of an 8x10 of the picture above and a DVD copy of the play. Both will be $5. Any profits I happen to make off of it will be turned around and put right back into the classroom. Again, I applaud your children! They put on a great show.

The second term is now off and running. With the play behind us, we will be starting our new art elective rotation on Monday. Our class will be with Mrs. Dezember for the Movement and Music rotation. In her class, on top of the different movement exercises she does with them, they will also be the choir for the second term production. They've got one more term of performance to come, so be prepared for yet another great performance come end of term.

With the end of term 1, we finished out Science unit on microorganisms. With the start of the new term, we began our new unit on Heat. This week we will be taking a closer look at the different types of heat sharing: conduction, convection and radiaton.

All in all, things are still going strong. One fantastic term behind us, but still three more to go!

"Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep." - Scott Adams

No comments:

Post a Comment