Tuesday, November 24, 2009

November 16 - 24

And it's here! Thanksgiving break is upon us. Before I head home to celebrate the holiday, I'll make a quick update here. Below is our picture for this week. It comes from our field trip down to the channel 4 station for Good Things Utah. It was short and sweet, but I think they got a great deal out of the tour of the production studio and watching the live taping.

Just a quick look at the week to come. We're not going to have a full on spelling list this week because on Monday we are going to be retaking the placement test for possible group rearrangement. So the students can enjoy a week of break as I grade those tests and reset the groups. Math will keep chugging along as we talk about proportions, circle graphs and probability. For science we'll be doing a bit of wrap-up for the heat unit. After that we will begin our light unit. Our story this week takes us back to ancient Egypt as it talks about the Pharaohs, Pyramids, the Sphinx, and all other aspects of that time and place.

Keeping it short and sweet this week I'd just like to wish everyone a Happy Thanksgiving and let you know that one of the things that will be in my mind and heart during this thankful holiday will be your students. I truly could not have asked for a better class to begin my career with. They're fantastic and so are you parents! Thank you all for everything you do!

As we express our gratitude, we must never forget that the highest appreciation is not to utter words, but to live by them. ~John Fitzgerald Kennedy

No comments:

Post a Comment