Friday, May 10, 2013

7000?!?!?!

I feel a little celebration is in order!  I don't know exactly what it means, or how special it is, but it feels kind of cool to me!  This blog has broken 7000 page views.  I realize in the grand scheme of things, that's not a lot considering there's billions of people in the world who could look at it, but considering this is only my fourth year teaching, I'm happy with that!

There's not a whole lot to report this week.  This biggest thing would have to be that testing starts next Wednesday, May 15 and runs until Friday May 24.  Please, please, PLEASE! Do not have your students miss any school during that time unless absolutely necessary.  If you have to schedule an appointment for them, I can let you know exactly when our tests our certain days, and you could work around it, but it's so much easier on all of us from students through administration if there isn't any make-up tests to be given.

We have a lot of information on the horizon.  I will get it to you as soon as I know details.  In short, we'll behaving field day, a talent show, graduation, and a calebration field trip.  A lot of that comes in the last week of school, so as I said, as I know more information I'll get it to you.

One thing I do have some information on is DARE graduation.  Previous years, we've done this as a part of our overall graduation, but Officer Behm is going to be out of town that day, so we're moving up so she can be at it.  DARE graduation will be on May 28 at 8:45 in the morning.  Parents are invited.  I would guess to plan about an hour, though that's just  an estimate.  Officer Behm and Mrs. J. will be speaking, she's trying to get the Mayor and Police Chief to attend as well. It should be a fun little celebration.

It is with DARE that I will bring the blog to a close with a few pictures.  Last week, the students got a chance to put on some "Beer" goggles, which simulate the effects of drinking.  With them on, they had to walk the line, and then they got a chance to pedal the karts around the cones.  It's always a fun thing to see!  Enjoy!  And I will get you more information on things as it becomes available.

"A life without love is like a year without summer." (And we're almost there!)

No comments:

Post a Comment