Saturday, March 13, 2010

March 8 - 12

Science Fair is done and gone! I'd like to congratulate the students. Their projects looked fantastic! They all did well enough that anyone that had their project in on time, got full credit on the board. I was so pleased by the turn out. Thanks for the support you gave at home on this project!

Also, thanks to Eric Allen for supplying us with the project that will be our picture of the week.

The kids had fun creating these rockets and then going out to the field to set them off. It was a good time that would never have happened without his stepping in, so thanks again!

That project also gave me my picture that is my entry into the school's fine arts contest, but I can't show it to you. It's a seeeeecret! :) This year's theme is The Power of One. Entries can still be turned in, it's not too late! They're looking for entries from either students or families in the categories of photography and musical composition. The winners will be announced at the Night of the Dragon Art Gala. More information on it can be found on the school's website.

We have a few things up and coming this week. Term 3 book reports are due starting Monday. The kids have had their assigned dates for over a month now, so even with the treachary of the science fair, I hope we can work our way into some great book reports! Also, Wednesday this week, we will going to Hale Center Theater in Salt Lake for a tour of their building and insights into how a theater actually runs! I think it's going to be a great experience for the kids. We could still use some volunteers, so if you're willing and able, let me know. It's going to be Wednesday, March 17. We'll leave about 9:00 in the morning, and be back by about 1 in the afternoon.

I would say that other than that the week will be pretty normal, but I suppose all of these things keep it from being that. So, let's have yet another fantastically irregular week and we continue to give our all, all the way to the end! And in this instance, I refer to the end of the third term, March 29.

"I've got a theory that if you give 100 percent all of the time, somehow things will work out in the end." -Larry Bird

No comments:

Post a Comment