Saturday, August 15, 2009

Welcome to Sixth Grade

Hello Parents!

It’s that time of year again! Time to fly our Dragons into the 2009-2010 school year. I would like to start by welcoming us all together for what I hope will be one of your student’s greatest years yet! Yes, welcome to the sixth grade. My name is Aaron Pratt and I will be your child’s teacher, mentor and confidante throughout the year.

I am excited to be breaking my way into the teaching world with Syracuse Arts Academy. I graduated in December of 2008 from Weber State University with a Bachelors of Science in Elementary Education with a Fine Arts Emphasis. For the next few months, I kept myself active within the school system by substitute teaching, where I was referred to a long-term job at Eagle Bay Elementary where I finished the last four months of the school year with a fourth grade class.

When I did my screening with Academica West, it was with the Syracuse Arts Academy as my primary school of interest. I am happy to be one of the newest members of the faculty. I am even happier to be teaching your child.

I wish to be available for you, the parents, as well. My e-mail address is apratt@syracuseartsacademy.org and of course the school number is
(801)779-2066. If I am unavailable to answer, please leave me a message as to what your call was regarding. I will return your calls and e-mails within 24 hours of receiving them.

If you have any questions throughout the year, feel free to contact me with any of them. Also keep an eye on this blog, because I will be attempting to update it once a week, usually Saturdays.

I'm looking forward to us having a wonderful year together.

With warm ragards,

Aaron Pratt

No comments:

Post a Comment